5-day seminar at the University of St.Gallen
LSIW is an interactive one-week program designed to Increase, in highly time and cost-effective way, your understanding of U.S. legal and regulatory practice and how U.S. courts, authorities, and business partners think legally and give you the opportunity to experience U.S.style legal education as provided in a U.S. law school and gain literacy in the language of U.S. courts, regulators, commercial players, and lawyers.
- broaden and deepen your understanding of U.S. law and practice in the corporate, commercial, intellectual property, competition, constitutional, and criminal law areas
- improve how to read and draft U.S.-related contracts
- better understand litigation strategy and how U.S. courts work (through simulated cases)
- gain exposure to U.S. legislation and regulation, including in the banking and insurance domains
- learn how to respond to requests from U.S. regulators and other authorities
- improve your oral and written legal English
- earn 3 ECTS, which can be applied toward University of St.Gallen programs such as CAS (Certificate of Advanced Studies) or DAS (Diploma of Advanced Studies)
The costs include training materials, lunch and refreshments during breaks. Travel, lodging and other costs for meals are not included.
Anyone having to deal with the U.S. or wishing to be able to be more effective in dealing with his or her business partners in the U.S. or with U.S. authorities, whether you are in the private or public sector. Past participants have included CEOs, Board Members, external and in-house lawyers, compliance officers, contract administrators, risk managers, paralegals, regulators, and governmental officials.